The New Sound Production FETAC level 5 5M2149 Course: will be running for academic year 2012/2013 starting early September. You can apply using pdf. application below and forward to: Lake Recording Studio, Cootehall, Boyle, Co Roscommon. If you require information on VTOS or Back to Education grants you can contact: Jane Stenson, Information Officer, LEAP Centre, Presentation House, Main Street, Carrick-on -Shannon, Co Leitrim. Phone (071)9621371
If you are interested or have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Liam Cunningham, Course Co-ordinator,
Or download our application form and apply now.
New Sound Production 5M2149 Major FETAC. Level 5 Qualification
The Media Engineering EMEXX qualification is to be deactivated from September 2012 and replaced by the new major FETAC Level 5 award qualification Sound Production 5M2149 which has been active from March 2011
Drumshanbo College of Further Education & Lake Recording Studiuo in conjuction with Leitrim VEC will be offering the new Major FETAC Level 5 award qualification Sound Production 5M2149
This Course will commence 3rd Sept 2012, if interested contact: email@example.com
Components to be offered on the new Sound Production 5M2149 Major FETAC Level 5 Qualification
- Sound Engineering & Production 5N1900
- Music Technology 5N1640
- Event Production 5N1374
- Radio Programme Production 5N1379
- Music Industry Studies 5N1458
- Music Performance 5N1301
- Communications 5N0690
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Word Processing 5N1358
This course is offered as a practical introduction to Sound Engineering, meeting the needs of a range of learners following multi-media orientated courses and establishing a foundation for further studies. The course combines practical training and experience with theoretical appreciation. It meets a wide range of vocational needs through emphasis on responsibility, good work practices, creativity, effective communication and co-operation.
This award was developed through the Common Award System
Leaving Certificate or FETAC award or equivalent: The College considers mature applicants who wish to return to full-time education. Such applications may not be required to have the minimum entry requirements. The College will look for satisfactory evidence of the applicant’s ability to pursue and benefit from the course. No previous experience needed for entry to course.
Successful candidates will be awarded Major FETAC Level 5 Qualification 5M2149.
Successful students may progress to a number of courses in any field.
Examples of related courses include:
• Performing Arts - Sligo IT
• Creative Digital Media - IT Blanchardstown
• Creative Digital Media – IT Tallaght
• Music Technology – NUI Maynooth
• Music Technology & Production – Letterkenny IT
• Music & Instrument Technology - Athlone IT
Specific Entry Requirements may apply. Please contact each Higher Education Institute before applying.
Funding is available depending on eligibility.
1. Post Leaving Certificate Maintenance Grants
2. Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme
3. Back to Education Allowance
Drumshanbo College of Further Education, Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim.
Liam Cunningham, Course Director: Tel. (071) 9667055. Mobile (086) 8367055.
Lake Recording Studio, Cootehall, Boyle, Co Roscommon.
You can download the application form here
• To facilitate the learner to explore sound production with a view to re-skilling/up-skilling and exploring
concepts and subject areas that may interest the learner in future programmes or employment
• To enable the learner to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge related to the operation of sound
equipment in the field of music production and to use research into the physics of sound, theoretical
concepts and creative thinking related to mixing of sound
• To enable the learner to exercise judgment in selecting appropriate procedural practices to achieve
practical outcomes from the sound equipment resources, while providing for the audio needs of
musicians and performers
• To enable the learner to contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of a range of
activities in support of the production of recordings and live performances
• To provide a programme of learning that is vocational in nature and flexible in structure so that the
learner has the maximum opportunity to improve his/her academic and vocational literacy, numerical,
ICT and planning skills while participating in the programme
• To afford the learner opportunities to enhance his/her confidence and ability to develop the skills to
reach his/her full potential
• To facilitate the learner to further develop his/her interpersonal, team working, problem solving and time
management skills, as appropriate, so that the learner is enabled to take responsibility for his/her own
learning and to support progression including future participation in The Connacht Education and Training
Alliance and employment
• To provide the learner with vocationally specific knowledge, skill and competence at this level, thus
affording the learner the opportunity to progress to programmes leading to awards at level 6 or above
• To facilitate the learner to reflect on and evaluate his/her performance while participating in the
The course is subject to viability and Co. Leitrim VEC reserves the right to cancel course if numbers are not adequate.